Last year, we showed you how to take a pumpkin and turn it into a firkin, perfect for filling with your favorite fall beers. It’s a great way to liven up a party and make your beer drinking experience that much better. As a downside though, it takes a bit of time and requires purchasing a tap.
This year, we wanted to bring you a simpler way to use a pumpkin to spice up your next gathering. With only a few minutes of time, you can turn that very pumpkin into the ultimate beer bucket—more aptly known as a pumpket.
What You Need:
-1 large pumpkin
-Ice (equivalent of about a 5lb. bag)
-Six pack of beer
What To Do:
- Pick out the biggest, or at least widest, pumpkin you can find. The bigger the pumpkin the more beer you can fit in it.
- Cut the top part of the pumpkin off. You should cut just above halfway down, so it’s open at the widest part of the pumpkin.
- Clean out the guts of the pumpkin. You can discard them, but we recommend to toast the pumpkin seeds as a nice snack to go along with your beers.
- Fill the now hollowed out pumpkin with ice.
- Shove your favorite beers, or at least the beers you’re willing to share with your friends, into the pumpkin.
- Start drinking and sharing your beers out of your brand new Pumpket.