With HBO’s Game of Thrones returning this Sunday, July 16th, City Tap House Logan Square is hosting a special Game of Thrones inspired brunch that afternoon to get your ready for the big premier.
Of course being no Game of Throne’s event would be complete without the appropriate beers, City Tap House will have a pair of Ommegangs Game of Throne’s series of beers available. Ommegang’s official GOT beers, including newly released, Bend the Knee (9% ABV), a golden ale brewed with wildflower honey paying homage to the ongoing struggle for control of the Seven Kingdoms — as well as bottles of Valar Dohaeris Tripel Ale (9% ABV) — a Belgian-style tripel brewed with pils, wheat and oats, flaked barley and hopped with noble hops, finishes moderately dry and effervescent with a hint of Belgian yeast character— will be available.
To top the afternoon off, renown Philly Quizzo Master, Johnny Goodtimes, will be on hand hosting a Game of Thrones Quizzo Battle with Ommegang prizes for the winners. The first place team will receive an Ommegang Swag Basket, including an Ommegang growler, glassware, and more, as well as a $50 gift card. The second place team will receive a bucket of 5 beers and each member will receive a $10 City Tap House gift card.
The brunch event will run from 11:30am-3:00pm and seating is limited so reservations are highly recommended. Please email Devin at firstname.lastname@example.org to secure yours. Here’s a look at the full brunch menu:
- Hound’s Chicken And Waffle $19 — Maple syrup, red pepper jam, honey-thyme butter
- Aryas Faceless Fried Oysters $14 — Fine Herb Remoulade, Sweet and Sour Onions, Caper Emulsion and Peppercress
- Ramsey’s Braised Beef Benedict $16 — Buttermilk Biscuits, Red Wine Braised Short Rib, Pimento Hollandaise & Breakfast Potatoes
- Theyons Might Be Sausage Pizza $16 — Parmesan Sauce, Spicy Italian Sausage, Guanciale, Roasted Tomatoes & Red Onion
- Sansa’s Lemon Cakes $12 — Lemon ricotta pancakes, witches stewed berries, honey-thyme butter