Area-wide Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant locations are gearing up for the return of Oktoberfest, slated to unfold Sept. 29–Oct. 15, 2017. You can expect Oktoberfest Lager pouring strong, plus a limited-edition German-inspired menu.
Here’s the scoop on the beer:
By popular demand, the German-style festival beer will be available in 16 oz. cans (while supplies last), as well as on draft at all twelve Iron Hill locations. Iron Hill’s Oktoberfest recipe is a traditional German-style festival beer, a medium-bodied lager with a malty and bready aroma, and a firm malt flavor balanced with mild bitterness and a clean, dry finish.
You can’t skip the food, either.
Iron Hill’s celebratory lineup of classic German dishes will include the following (and more!):
- Apfel und Butternut-Kurbis Suppe, butternut squash soup with spiced crème fraiche
- Oktoberfest Egg Rolls, with bratwurst, sauerkraut, cheddar, green onion, beer mustard sauce
- Pommes Jager, house-cut fries with Gruyere, smoked bacon and mushroom gravy, with the option to add a fried egg
- Lachs, mustard-crusted salmon with scallion smashed Yukon gold potatoes, buttery asparagus spears and roasted mushroom sauce
- Schlachtplatte, grilled butcher’s plate with cheddar bratwurst, kielbasa, marinated pork loin, German-style potato salad, bacon-Vienna Red Lager kraut and beer mustard sauce
- Schwabischer Rostbraten, pan-seared NY strip steak with smashed Yukon gold potatoes, haricots verts, crispy onion rings and red wine-onion gravy
- Huhner Schnitzel, pan-fried chicken cutlets with haricots verts and almonds, buttered egg noodles and lemon-herb sauce
- Apfel-Rosinen Brotpudding, warm apple-raisin bread pudding with rum sauce and vanilla ice cream
Celebrate Oktoberfest with Iron Hill at the closest location to you, including those in Pennsylvania (Media, West Chester, North Wales, Phoenixville, Lancaster, Chestnut Hill, Ardmore, Huntingdon Valley), Delaware (Newark and Wilmington) and New Jersey (Maple Shade and Voorhees). Get excited: Iron Hill is also preparing to open a Center City location (more on that here).